Sunday, August 9, 2009

stormy Relay


Thank you all for being there, I know we all agree that Becky did an awesome job speaking!

If anyone got photos please email them to gobeckyb@yahoo.com so I can put them here or on Flickr to share. Pam J did our portrait and I'll post that info as soon as I have it, the deal is $10 for a 5x7 (includes shipping and card frame) that is a very good price! I hope many of you order from her, we need to support the people who gave generously of time and services. Pam is one of those people as she will be sharing the candid shots free of charge and waved all her usual fees for our event.

Of course the rest of the night was a big disappointment due to storms. We were going to have so much fun! I was looking forward to meeting you all and participating in the walk, the contests, the party at our campsite etc. It was heartbreaking to have to cancel all that. My family put so much into this and to see it end was just a bummer. I expected to have time later in the night to talk to each of you and thank you for being there, it just didn't happen so let me say it now- THANK YOU!
As you may have noticed, nothing went as planned- we were doing jobs at 4 that should have been done earlier. Those tasks were stopped due to wind and rain, and scrambling to get it all in place before 6 was a nightmare. I think next year we'll delegate Becky's Believers campsite set up to someone not involved in event set up- any takers? Something to think about.

For now I'll just say congratulations to Becky, and to all of you for the wonderful team you are! There are some big success stories coming out of this team- Becky's speech, the fund raising we did, and the opportunity for all of us to get together and do some good. Our party was ruined but that can't take away from the positive things that happened! You guys are the best!!

No comments: